From our news desk, Bamenda - A list of 26 Cameroonian scammers studying in Malaysia, the UK and Germany has been exposed by anti-fraud agents. According to a report by the agents, one of the agents whose names The Vanguard got only as Poirot, also the name of a famous TV detective, explaining how they came about says they were appalled ‘to receive a request for help such as we never imagined we would see in our days on anti-fraud sites’.
Escape the loneliness
According to the report the story begins with a young American girl who created a Facebook profile to escape the loneliness created by the break-up of a relationship. Being of Cameroonian origin by her father, she began adding people from Cameroon to her profile, although she had not visited the country in over 15 years.
Taken by a love scamm
Less than 2 months ago, she was contacted by one of the Cameroonians on her profile, to quickly be taken in by what quickly became a love scam. She fell head over heels for this him, who knew just the right words to tell. Hard working and a brilliant student, she soon promised to sponsor his entry into the United States and to help him get into the same university, where of course, she would be paying the fees for him. She also recently bought a plane ticket to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where she was to join him for a brief vacation.
Her parents finally got the alarm bells going when their daughter asked to get hotels and a car rental booked for her stay in Malaysia (as the parents have access to her bank account) that the young girl was going to pay for. A few days later, she asked them to take $1000 out of her account to send to this scammer by Western Union, as she could not do so herself because of her job restrictions. This is when the parents finally searched for their daughter's profile on Facebook and received the shock of their lives when they saw what was going on there.
The nightmare she was about to enter
The mother, a well connected US law enforcement official, knows that chances of being able to do something would involve letting her daughter receive this man in the United States, which is out of the question. This is when she contacted the anti-fraud agents for help, as she wants to make sure that other young women out there are warned against this type of scam. Today, they finally got their daughter with them and showed her exactly what nightmare she was about to enter. The anti-fraud agents were given access and permission to go into the young woman's profile, e-mails, Skype and chat accounts, as long as they would change the passwords and delete the accounts at the soonest time possible.
Expose this gang
“We wish to put them all out of their misery rapidly and have now had time to back up the major part of the information needed to expose this gang of Cameroon scammers. I'm sure that most will be horrified by what they are about to see,” concludes the report. The report of all their communications by Facebook, email and the rest have been published.
List of Cameroonian scammers we are ready to expose today, more will be coming soon:
• Abomo Christian Serge, aka Serge Maintaine Olu - Presently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Matou Ngando Elvis, aka Arafat Debordo, aka Elvis Nibson, aka Cigar Champagnard - Presently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Che Collins Fru, aka Don Collins - Presently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Anicet Khan - Presently in Malaysia
• Njume Effilo, aka Mexes Victor - Possibly in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Ayafor Junior Petissok, aka Junior Seductive - Presently in London, UK
• Tse Napoleon Ntumazah, aka Napocité le Magnifique, presently in London, UK
• Tah Blaise Akeh, aka X-Machine X de X, presently in Berlin, Germany
• Tresor Alangue, aka Johnny Walker, aka Tresor Abdominale, aka Johnnie Walker- Presently in Ussuriysk, Ukraine
• Ade Muamaah Junior, aka El Moko - Presently in Yaoundé, Cameroon
• Aleh Munde Fokam,aka Allen Munde presently in Yaoundé, Cameroon
• Ngwengi Konyui, aka El Curtis - Presently in Yaoundé, Cameroon
• Sangi Boro, presently in Yaoundé, Cameroon
• Che Curtis, presently in Yaoundé, Cameroon
• Desmund Egbe Eyongkongho - presently in Yaoundé, Cameroon
• Che Chris - presently in Ivory Coast
• Amah Bertrand Achou, aka Amah Bertrand, presently in Bamenda, Cameroon
• Atabe Njikang Epie, presently in Yaoundé, Cameroon
• Anthony Solomon, aka Pacman Solomon appears to be in Limbe, Cameroon
• Tatsa Fabrice, aka Fab Yayo, aka Fab Fame - presently in Bamenda, Cameroon
• Manyungu Fritz, aka Fritz Dollar, location to be confirmed
• Forlemu Clovis, aka Le Buss, location to be confirmed
• Mangi Leslie Nkouweh, aka Yong Duke Sweetty, presently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Donald Muban, aka Donald le Canadien, presently in Limbe, Cameroon.
• Dingbobga Melvin Sama, presently in Limbe, Cameroon
• Azeafah Alain Nzotah, presently in Limbe, Cameroon
We shall be publishing details of all of them in small groups in our subsequent editions.
Leave a comment,
speak your mind and take part in any discussion.
As exchange of ideas and debates between opinions
are fundamental for our democracy.
And will push Cameroon forward.
Comments with racist, homophobic, sexist, hateful, extreme Christian or extreme Islamic content will be removed. Leave the CAPS-LOCK off, no reason to SHOUT.